Samba à Venda! O Legado de Moacir CD/digital download
The collective Samba à Venda! is seeking for funding to cover the mastering and pressing costs of their upcoming debut album.
The collective of Brazilian music, Samba à Venda! that includes some of the finest musician in Finnish music scene, will be releasing their debut album in the spring of 2015. The album, titled “O Legado de Moacir”, consists of music written by the remarkable but less familiar Brazilian composer, Moacir Santos with a focus on Santos’ vocal pieces from the 1960’s and 70’s, two of the composer’s most productive decades.
Moacir Santos (1926-2006) had a long career as a musician, composer, arranger, conductor and teacher in Brazil. His students included recognized musicians such as Baden Powell, Dori Caymmi, Carlos Lyra, Sergio Mendes, Eumir Deodato, Joao Donato, Airto Moreira, Flora Purim to name a few.
In the unique music of Moacir, African influences blend with Brazilian music and jazz. From these ingredients originated his first album “Coisas” (Forma, 1965), which evoked interest also outside of Brazil. In the late 1960’s Santos moved to the United States, where he recorded a total of four albums during the 1970’s, mostly for the famous record label Blue Note.
Samba à Venda! O Legado de Moacir
1. Coisa n°5: Nanã (Moacir Santos/Mario Telles)
2. Maracatu, Nação do Amor (Moacir Santos/Nei Lopes)
3. Coisa n°8: Navegação (Moacir Santos/Nei Lopes)
4. Oduduá (Moacir Santos/Nei Lopes)
5. Menino Travesso (Moacir Santos/Vinicius de Moraes)
6. Lembre-Se (Moacir Santos/Vinicius de Moraes)
7. Se Você Disser Que Sim (Moacir Santos/Vinicius de Moraes)
8. Triste de Quem (Moacir Santos/Vinicius de Moraes)
9. Sou Eu (Moacir Santos/Nei Lopes)
10. A Santinha lá da Serra (Moacir Santos/Vinicius de Moraes)